Whenever I travel I always try to pack a little better than I did the time before. And important group of items I carry is of course, cosmetics. From face wash to mascara, these items can get pretty bulky and cumbersome if you aren’t careful. This post lists items I typically take on a trip and how I pack for minimum space usage.
A major tip for packing you travel cosmetics is mini. If you can get every item in mini size that would be perfect. Most supermarkets and beauty stores sell minis of many items. For those things you can’t get a mini version of, invest in some mini travel pots and bottles.
FACE AND BODY
These are the essentials.The things you might need along the way on your trip. The things you don’t want to leave home without. Packaging these first.
○ Toothbrush and toothpaste
○ Deodorant (Secret)
○ Face/body wash(Cetaphil)
● Daily moisturizer(Oil of Olay Daily moisturizer)- I squirting a few days worth into a travel size container.
● Hand cream(BBW Black cherry merlot)
● Cleansing wipes(Wetones)
○ Hairspray by Rave
○ Hair moisturizer by Garnier
○ Dry shampoo-I hardly ever wash my hair on short trips (I havethick, curly natural hair prone to dryness) so I don’t pack shampoo or conditioner but I do pack dr6 shampoo to keep things clean.
○ Hair gel by Tre Semme
As tough as it may be, you have to use extreme discretion and only pack what you need. Think of all the makeup items you typically wear on an everyday basis to decide what to take.
● Foundation (Maybelline fit me matte and poreless in coconut)
● Eyeshadow palette (NYX Natural) – A fairly compact palette with enough shades to create multiple looks is ideal
● Blush (Milani American Rose)- A blush that will likely match your eye and lip colours.
● Lip colour (Milani Confident matte) – One that will go well with your eye colours
● Mascara (Too Faced Better than Sex)
● Brown pencil(ABH Brow definer in dark brown)
● Eye liner(Kat von D tattoo liner in Trooper)
● Setting mist(NYX matte)
● Rollerball perfume(Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb)- These are perfect for travel because they don’t spill.
○ Brushes- pack them in a flat brush holder like this or in a thin cosmetic case.
I legit pack most of my cosmetics in a massive zip lock bag. Why? Because it holds a lot, it’s clear so it’s cool to go through airport security and if it gets messed up with spilt product you can bin it when you’re finished.
Everything laid out
Packing things this way also save space because you can lay it flat on top of your clothing.
All packed up
Thanks for reading, happy travels and have an awesome day!