This is a list of ten movies to keep you entertained during the festive season. They are really all classics in their own right.
1) The Harry Potter Series (2001-2011)– Though these aren’t Christmas movies, there is a Christmastime scene in almost all of them and something about Hogwarts invokes visions of Yuletide Cheer.
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)- Part Halloween, part Christmas, all awesome.
3) A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) – Who doesn’t love Charlie Brown.
4) Gremlins (1984) – If you like a bit of gore with your Christmas pudding.
5) Elf (2003)
6) Scroodged (1988) – An oldie but a goodie
7) How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
8) Christmas with the Kranks (2004)– It’s funny and heart-warming but not too cheesy, lol.
9) Krampus (2015)– Based on the creature from European folklore, this is for people who like things a bit on the dark side (Like me!)
10) A Christmas Horror Story (2015)– An anthology movie based on Christmas gone wrong.
As you can probably tell, my taste tends to be a bit on the dark side, a bit anti cookie cutter, mushy stuff so if that’s your taste as well then hopefully you’ve found some useful suggestions. Have an awesome day!