BLOG-Mas DAY 14
On the 14th day of Blogmas we continue with festive drinks. This one is a punch with rum as the base along with apple and spices
WHAT YOU NEED
1) Brown rum– 16floz/500mL
2) Apple juice-32floz/1L
3) 1 large apple -or more if you like.
4) 2tbsp ground Cinnamon -or stick
5) 1 fruit teabag -I used a redfruits tea, you can use apricot, peach etc.
6) A punch bowl– I have none so I used a mixing bowl (:
8) Yellow or orange sugar for rim.
Rum and apple juice
Sugar, apple, cinnamon, glass and bowl
WHAT TO DO
PART 1- Prep the glass (es)
1) Choose a wide mouthed glass for easy filling with spoon.
2) Coat rim of glass with simple syrup (white sugar dissolved in small amount of water)
3)Coat rim with sugar– you can use orange or yellow or even brown sugar. If you don’t have a specific colour, you can make it yourself using a bit of food dye and white sugar.
Syrup and sugar
PART 2- “Spice the Rum”
1) Pour rum into microwave safe bowl or place in saucepan over low heat.
2) Add cinnamon-as much as you wish depending on how spiced you want it.
Rum and cinnamon
3) Add apple slices and teabag
4) Heat for 3 minutes in microwave or simmer until apple slices are softened .
5) Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes .
PART 3- Mix and garnish
6) Pour apple juice into punch bowl adding cooled rum concoction to it and stirring to mix.
7) Cut an apple slice into quarters then make a slit wide enough to sit snug onto the edge of the glass.
8) Fill with punch and drink !
This drink is warm and comforting, the apple blends with the rum and the cinnamon and teabag add that extra flavour making it taste like no other rum punch you’ve ever had.
This is an ideal drink to serve at a party because its a real money saver. The priciest thing is the one or two bottles of rum you’ll use (depending on the size of your guest list or your penchant for rum!)
I also think this kind of punch could work well with cranberry or grape juice. What other spices and flavours would you add?
Thanks for reading, remember to always drink responsibly and have an awesome day !