BLOG-Mas DAY 13
Hello and welcome to Day 13 of Blogmas. Today I bring you a festive red cocktail that’s great for a Christmas soiree.
WHAT YOU NEED
(This makes one 12 oz/400mL drink)
1) 1 cup/250mL of wine – A sweet Blush or Rose works best.
2) 1/2 cup/125mL cranberry juice -or any other redberry juice.
3) 2 tbsp/30mL grenadine syrup
4) Wine glass (12 oz or bigger)
Grendine syrup, wine and cranberry juice
5) Red maraschino cherries
6) Dried cranberries (for garnishing )
7) Red sugar (for rim)
8) Toothpick (for garnish)
Red sugar, dried cranberries , red maraschino cherries
WHAT TO DO
1) Rim the glass with the coloured sugar– you can use simple syrup(sugar dissolved into small amount of water) or a bit of water to moisten the glass. Then dip it into your sugar. If you’re like me and don’t have red or pink sugar you can make your own, I did this in my 10 Baking hacks post.
Syrup and sugar
Rim in syrup
Rim in sugar
2) Add 2 or 3 cherries along with their syrup to the bottom of the glass.
Cherries in glass
3) Add wine and juice to glass.
4) Skewer a few dried cranberries along with a maraschino cherry and place on top.
And there it is! A cheerful holiday drink. A sweeter wine pairs well with the cranberry juice which is a bit sharp and the syrup adds more sweetness as well as some substance to the drink. The sugar and garnish make it look festive.
Enjoy! and have an awesome day!