Coffee and Lemon scrub ingredients
Today I bring an easy affordable DIY project: sugar scrubs. Sugar is an excellent exfoliant polishing and brightening the skin. I’m doing two recipes, one is a lemon lip scrub and the other is a coffee brown sugar scrub.
LEMON DROP LIP SCRUB
With the rise of matte Lipcolours our lips can seriously suffer. This scrub uses sugar to remove dry flaky skin, the lemon is healing to the lips and the oil is moisturising. And best of all, it tastes good just incase you get some in your mouth.
WHAT YOU NEED
1) Granulated (white) sugar
2) Coconut oil
3) Lemon juice
4) Container for storage
The stuff you need
WHAT TO DO
1) Place sugar into a bowl for mixing (the amount you use depends on the size batch but you can start with 1/3 cup.)
2) Add a few drops of lemon juice, I used 1/3 of a medium sized lemon.
Add lemon juice
3) Add coconut oil a little at a time, I used 1/2 tsp at a time, and mix until consistency of wet sand.
Add coconut oil
4) Place in an airtight container for storage- I used an empty container I had from a pack of travel containers.
BROWN SUGAR COFFEE SCRUB
I was making body scrubs last December to give as gifts and I wanted to try different scents. I used crushed fruit and vanilla then I thought…coffee. What gets you more awake than the deep rich aroma of a cup of coffee? It was a great decision. It was so good I made a batch for myself. The scent is incredibly invigorating and great pick me up after a long day.
WHAT YOU NEED
1) Brown sugar- I used coconut because that was the only type of brown sugar I had (you can also do this with white sugar)
2) Ground coffee- use your favorite roast
3) Coconut oil
WHAT TO DO
1) Place the sugar into a bowl (again, the amount you use depends on the size batch you’re making, I used 1/2 cup)
2) Add coconut oil 1/2 tsp at a time,( I ended up using about 3 tsp in all ) until it reaches the consistency of wet sand.
Adding the oil
Wet sand consistency
3) Add coffee,( I used 1 tbsp to my 1/2 cup of sugar) and mix. At this point you may need to add a bit more oil.
4) Mix and place in an airtight container for storage.
Both of these are super simple and very affordable, using items you probably have in your home. I also love that the ingredients are natural and free of toxins, dyes etc. These make great gifts, I packaged the body scrubs in small jelly mason jars last Christmas and are a great budget friendly option for your home spa needs.
Have an awesome day!