Nothing adds a unique touch to a shindig like a signature cocktail. It doesn’t have to be anything over the top requiring an expert mixologist or high end liquor. It just has to be fun, easy and most of all affordable.
Most recently my favorite thing to make is a wine cooler/cocktail (the definitions confuse me) essentially wine and fruit juice. The possibilities with this type of drink are endless as you can use any type of wine and any type of juice depending on the theme of the event.
In addition you can add fun extras like carbonated water,syrup or bits of fruit.
These are two wine cooler/cocktails I made a few months ago for an impromptu get-together one evening. At the time they had no names so now I’ve decided to simply call them Pink and Gold.
Here’s what I did:
- Rose’ wine– I literally always pick up the cheapest bottle in the supermarket, it tastes great and I’m able to buy enough to serve everyone. I filled the glass half-way with the wine
- Cranberry and kiwi juice– Fill the remainder of the glass with the juice, no need to swirl or stir , just allow it to blend by itself.
- I have mixed rose wine with grape juice as well and it’s phenomenal!
- White wine- I believe this was a sauvignon blanc but really choose whatever kind you prefer.
- Cloudy apple and pear juice-This mild yet sweet flavour really compliments the white wine.
- As an extra touch I had a can of lychee fruit in syrup which we added for extra taste and texture.
To top off the drinks I added some kitschy “flamingo” straws and served cold.
Hope my little post inspires someone to make an exciting signature drink for their next party
Enjoy and have an awesome day!